Sunday, October 7, 2018

Inktober 2018

Been a full year since I've come to Japan. It's been really busy, but recently I've had the chance to mellow out from all the studies I've been doing by traveling some, playing games, and getting back into jogging and losing weight. Overall really chill. Now I'm feeling a little more motivated to start again and I've decided to jump back in to art after a prolonged artist's block.

For some reason, while I have a tablet and a photo editing program to work with, I'm still drawn to the allure of traditional art. Some time ago, for the sake of a school project I ordered some watercolor brush pens, and after acquiring a new notebook, I gave inking a try after so long:

My avoiding smudges technique is rather off unfortunately...

So there you have it. My game is a little rusty, but I hope that by doing this I can manage to get back to my old routine of drawing and inking, and with color this time (would it still be considered inking?). It'll be a nice change from all this monochrome I'm terribly used to.

Oh, and I'll try to finish on time this time ignoring the fact that I'm already six days late as of this writing. For once. You can view my progress for this year's #inktober by clicking the Inktober 2018 tag on the right side of the screen, or just the link in this sentence if you're on mobile.

Cheers to a productive Inktober!

-Zip

No comments:

Post a Comment