Sunday, October 4, 2026

Crocigator Sketches 1


"Where the fish at?"

---

Definitely been ages since I last made anything related to Gator Buddies.

I don't know why but for the longest time, I struggled to match Crocigator's head shape to that of his initial concept art. I guess it's because I never really made a proper, individual character reference sheet for him and the other characters... But something about the shape of his head in my comics almost always felt kind of wrong and I could never really put my finger as to what. Even this piece that was meant to be his official art didn't feel right to me.

After taking a look at my art again, I made another attempt, though this time I was more mindful about the simple shapes on his head. Then I came up with this, and frankly I much prefer the look of his head like this compared to before. I suppose I just really needed a better distinction of the gap between his head and the rest of his body... Since in the past he just really looked like a thumb or something. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment