She barged in without even so much as a warning. She came after she heard whispers from the Exalted and the local skritt that you were in the area. As soon as she was able, she rushed to find your hut overlooking the Fahautl Grounds: a quiet sanctuary in the heart of the Auric Wilds that you considered home more than you did Kryta. It was the home only she knew of... As well as the local Itzel; they helped you build it, after all. They were also quick to confirm the rumors.
She expected you to inform her—via comms or carrier pidgeon, something—but you sent her nary a word of your coming to the valley. One would think you would have tried to reach out to your beloved after being physically out of reach for months.
Seeing you now, though... She realized why.
"Commander...?"
Jagged marks littered your body, ignorant of the sanctity the body was once said to represent. Most of the smaller ones were old and healed, but so many were the massive burns and gashes that once tore your body apart, in more ways than one.
It was in your eyes that Caithe saw the most change. If one peered deeply within them like she had, one could see the grief that has haunted you for the last two years: regrets that ultimately culminated with the losses of both Sieran and Trahearne. Today, however, something darker lingered in your bistre brown orbs... Something that Caithe could even say she's often seen in her own.
Shame... And self-loathing.
---
Oh, delicious angst, how I thrive in thee. Having angst between these two is such a treat.
Caithe is my favorite character in Guild Wars 2. I remember a time when I was so indifferent to her, only to end up falling for her hard when I saw the tensions between her and the Commander, and their attempts to patch it up. As I played more of the story, the more I saw of their interactions and ugh, it hits especially hard in Living World 4 and End of Dragons. I swear to god, there is so much shipping fuel for these two from just looking into their conversations together. And I am here for ALL of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment