Sunday, October 25, 2020

Gator Meets Gatorgrass (Part 4)


Friday unfolds quite differently compared to the past five days... But it's only getting better.

More experimenting with stuff in this comic. In the fifth panel, I wanted to draw a bunch of crooked lines for the lightning, but then I decided to try something different. I discovered this simple tutorial for lightning in Photoshop, and it turned out more impressive than I expected. Of course, it somewhat deviates from my usual style so it looks a bit out of place... πŸ˜…

The second panel looks a bit half-assed to me, with how I drew the canopy. The ones in the other panels I really like though; I used a few of those scattered-looking brushes to get that effect of the sky peeking between the leaves. In retrospect, I probably should have used that for the second panel instead... Ah, whatever.

As for the rain, I drew it as per usual, but to get that sort of misty and somber ambiance, I slapped a new layer over each panel and painted the whole thing in light purple. Afterward, I set the opacity to around 18-24%.

[2/15/2022] Edit: Change file format to PNG.

---

🐊 Gator Buddies πŸŠ

Gator Meets Gatorgrass
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

1 comment:

Cierra said...

I don't know why, but this strip is my favorite.

Post a Comment